Exeter Harriers Ltd (EH) is a private company limited by guarantee, incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 02415096. EH is the data controller under data protection legislation.
What data we will collect
In becoming a member, volunteer, coach or official of EH, EH will collect certain information about you which will include your name, date of birth, gender, URN number, email address, address, telephone number, names of the EA affiliated clubs that you are a member of and details of any coaching or officiating licenses, DBS licences, safeguarding course attendance dates you have and competition results (Athletics Data). We will also collect the full name, address and telephone numbers of two emergency contacts nominated by you.
We are also required to collect similar data for those persons who are entering a competition organised and administered by EH. EH will also keep a record of competition results.
Why we will collect it
We will collect and process your Athletics Data for the purposes of registering you as a member of EH and administering your involvement in the sport. We will process it on the basis of legitimate interests. The legitimate interests are the interests of registering you as a member and to administer the sport.
How long we will keep it
We will retain your Athletics Data for such time as you are an athlete registered with us or a volunteer, coach or official involved with us and will then delete your information on a staged basis as follows:
- Type of Info Date of Deletion
- Athletics data 2 years after an individual has not played an active part in athletics
- Membership forms 2 years
- Registration lists, entry forms and results for EH open meetings 12 months
- Club records Held indefinitely for historical archive purposes.
You have the following rights under data protection legislation:
- to access a copy of the information comprised in your personal data;
- to object to processing of your personal data that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress
- to prevent processing for direct marketing
- to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- in certain circumstances, to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation.
Sharing your data
We may share your Athletics’ Data with athletics partners such as UK Athletics, England Athletics other Home Country Athletics Organisations, selected members of the National Council, Regional Councils, County Athletics Association and / or Area Athletics Association and third- party data managers that we appoint as data processors as part of administering your involvement in sport. We will also share data with Power of 10 which is a body that provides a comprehensive results and rankings service for the sport of athletics. We will not transfer your data to any other third parties without obtaining your consent and, where possible, will anonymise your data before sharing. We will also not share any other personal data you provide to us that is not Athletics Data.
If you have any concerns or complaints in relation to how EH collects and/or processes your personal data, you should contact EH’s data protection officer in the first instance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are dissatisfied with how your concern/complaint is dealt with by EH, you have the right to report your concern/complaint to the Information Commissioners Office