Exeter Harriers is run almost entirely by volunteers – the Board members, the coaches and team managers are all giving their own time to support the Club and maintain its success.
The Club is always looking for additional volunteers who would be willing to help in some way, for example :
- Helping the coaches to run training sessions, particularly for the Juniors – raking the sand pit, moving hurdles, raising the high jump bar – all simple but necessary tasks
- Offering to help officiate at Club meetings – taking names and numbers, helping out in the field, writing up results
- Taking a coaching or officials qualification – the Club may be able to help finance this. See the Coach Course or Officials Courses documents for further details.
- Lending a hand in the kitchen on club nights or at an event – serving food, making hot drinks or taking money
- Manning the Reception or Welcome Desk on training nights
- Using your professional experience to help manage the club’s finances, the website or applying for grant aid and sponsorship.
You may be a parent, an athlete or simply someone with an interest in athletics. We would welcome any offers of help at any time. Please talk to any Board member or coach, or ask at reception if you are able to give the Club some of your time. Alternatively please email our Volunteering Co-ordinator – email@example.com. If you’re not already involved in the club, and would like to volunteer, you’ll also need to complete the England Athletics Volunteer Form
The more people who help, together the more we can achieve. Also if you are at school and thinking of working towards any of the Duke of Edinburgh Award schemes, the Club would love to help you achieve the Service part of your award – just an hour or two per week coaching, officiating or in the kitchen.
Here’s a list of our current volunteer vacancies