Exeter Harriers launched a new ‘Off Track Running Initiative’ in 2016 with the aim of encouraging individuals, age 16+, to participate in off track running including; road, cross country, park runs and other forms of running away from the track.
This initiative is very much in accord with England Athletics stated mandate ‘to grow participation in the sport to include track and field, competitive running (off track) and recreational running in all of its forms’.
- New membership category ‘Off Track Running’ with the membership fee payable at a lower membership rate
- Membership will include the England Athletics licence fee so members can participate in competitions
- Initial 4 week “free” temporary membership so individuals can see if it is right for them
- £1 weekly training fee
- Weekly runs on a Tuesday at 6.35pm, meeting in the lounge at The Exeter Harriers Pavilion
- Catering for beginners, club runners as well as those with higher aspirations.
- Welcoming and friendly environment
- Runs of different distance and at different paces led by a group leader. These will be:
3 miles (5k) at 10+ minutes per mile
4 miles (6.4k) at 8-9 minutes per mile
5 miles (8k) at 7 minutes per mile
- Advice and support support from knowledgeable club coaches
Useful Info for Group Road Runs
As well as club road runs members will be encouraged to participate in off road running at the weekends.