Funded by Spirt of 2012, the Game Changers Youth Volunteering Programme offers athletics clubs the opportunity to apply for a package of support, to involve more young people, aged between 14-25, in volunteering opportunities.
Exeter Harriers are delighted to be part of this programme having secured a grant to enable us to support 10 16-25 year olds through a coaching assistant course and 5 14-15 year olds through a sports leader course. This is a fantastic opportunity to, not only, increase the number of volunteers supporting us, but also to improve the experience of young people who do volunteer, rewarding and celebrating their achievements and providing them with the chance to develop skills and experience in the roles they take on.
If you are aged between 14-25 and would like to be part of the programme, this is how we can support you and the commitment required by you;
We will provide:
- England Athletics Coaching Assistant course 23/24 June 2018 (if over 16), including cost of transport to the course in Tavistock
- Athletics Leader Course if under 16, (date to be confirmed)
- First Aid and Safeguarding Course, date to be agreed
- Team hoody
- Mentoring during volunteer coaching
- Team Leader and Volunteer Champion to advise and support you during the project
- England Athletics Recognition and Reward Scheme based on volunteer hours
- Monthly Review and Recognition sessions, Tuesday’s 6.10pm and end of season event 23 September 2018
We ask you to commit to:
- Provide signed parental agreement to join the programme (if under 18)
- Complete an initial online survey questionnaire for England Athletics, plus another after 5 hours volunteering and one at the end of the project
- Volunteer Induction Session Thursday 10th May 6.10pm
- Provide, over the course of the summer, 20 hours of volunteering during junior training, or at Open Meetings by helping with junior field events.
- Attend one of our recruitment evenings at our Clubhouse – Thursday 26th April or Tuesday 1st May, 6pm until 7.30pm. Email email@example.com to confirm your attendance. You’ll be able to meet the programme organisers, find out more about what’s involved and take a tour of the facilities.
- All volunteering/recruitment activities based at Exeter Harriers Clubhouse, Summer Lane, Exeter. EX4 8NT
- Closing date for applications 3rd May 2018
Application Form & Information