The club runs friendly open competitions every last Tuesday of the month during the F&T season. As the events are run in the evening, with limited time, not all disciplines may be scheduled at each event, but rotated over the series.
All children over 8 years old are actively encouraged to compete: it does not matter what standard they are and help will be given by the officials so they know what to do.
As a guide the evening runs as follows;
- Athletes should arrive by 5.30pm. Please check the competition timetable for the start time of a particular event. The younger age groups will finish about 7.45pm.
- An athlete can enter up to 3 events.
- Entry fee is £5. Payment is made at the reception desk, as normal, and a ticket will be issued which should be taken to the registration desk in the clubhouse where you will be given a waterproof number which should be retained and reused for all EH Open Evening Competitions during the season.
- This number should be attached to your vest with 4 pins at the front and 4 pins at the back.
- Athletes should arrive at their event 5 minutes before the start time.
- For running events, the marksman will allocate athletes to their heat.
- For field events, athletes will have the opportunity for 1 or 2 warm up throws/jumps.
- Field Trials – U13 & Below 3 Trials, U15 & Above 4 Trials
- Parents should stay for the evening to support and help their children get to their events on time.
NB U13s and above need to be affiliated to a club to compete, club vests are not required
DATES FOR 2019
Registration: If you are competing for the first time, this year, please email Name, DoB, Age Group and Club to firstname.lastname@example.org before 8pm, the Sunday prior to the competition date, and then on the night please pay the £5 entry fee and pick up the number allocated to you OR enter on the night between 5.30pm and 7.15pm.
July 30th including BMC Results
If you have a query on the timetabled track or field events please email email@example.com
- For the BMC races, there is a separate pre-registration via the BMC website – see timetable for details.
- Volunteers: We welcome volunteers to help the evening run smoothly. If you can help to support our qualified officials and would be willing to do tasks such as; raking a sand pit, pulling a tape through to measure a long jump or adjusting the high jump bar please email firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you in anticipation
- Photography; This event is open to the public and therefore it is not possible to prevent photographs of any particular individual from appearing in the media. If this is a problem for you, you are advised not to take part in the event
CHANGES WEF MAY 2018
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) : Non Exeter Harriers’ club members will be required to sign a data processing consent to enable us to store and pass information to The Power of 10. If an athlete is U17 or below parental consent will be required
Waterproof Numbers : Please retain your number, kindly Sponsored by MARKET CARPETS of Devon, which will be allocated for the season