The Devon County Cross Country Championships, organised for Devon AA by Exeter Harriers, will be held on 6th December 2015 at Exeter Arena.
ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE DEVON TEAM MUST ENTER THE CHAMPIONSHIP
12.15 Under 11 Boys and Girls Development Run 1650 metres
12.30 U17 Men, U17, U20, Sen & Vet Women 5000 metres
13.00 Under 13 Girls 3000 metres
13.15 Under 13 Boys 3000 metres
13.30 Under 15 Girls 3900 metres
13.50 Under 15 Boys 3900 metres
14.15 U20, Senior & Vet Men 8900 metres
Information for Athletes and Team Managers
- Under UK Athletics rules for competition – permit number 11515
- The Under 11 run is a Westward League event NOT a Championship Event
- Parking is available at Exeter Arena
- Pre-race information, numbers and programmes will be available from the Exeter Harriers Clubhouse
- CLUB VESTS MUST BE WORN AND NUMBERS MUST BE WORN AS ISSUED. Numbers must be securely attached to the vest by 4 pins so as to be clearly visible. If only one number is issued it must be worn on the FRONT of the vest.
- The course is undulating grassland
- First aid will be provided
- Snacks and hot and cold drinks will be available at the Exeter Harriers Clubhouse
- There are no changing and shower facilities available so please come changed.
TO GET TO THE START ALL COMPETITORS AND SPECTATORS MUST GO ACROSS THE CAR PARK AND FOLLOW THE MARKINGS ALONG THE PATH BESIDE THE FENCE TO GET TO THE COURSE. NO ONE MAY CROSS ANY OF THE RUGBY PITCHES.
Trophies will be awarded to the first team in each race.
Senior Men 6 to count, all other categories 3 to count. The first 6 finishers for a Club in the Senior/Vet Men’s Race and the first 3 finishers for a Club in the Senior/Vet Women’s Race will score as the Senior Team. The first 3 Masters to finish will score as the masters A team, the next 3 as B team etc even if they score in the Senior team.
Medals will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd individuals and to the first 3 teams in each race.
(Masters individual medals in each 5 year age group)
AGE GROUP DEFINITIONS (UKA Rule 507)
Under 13 Girls and Boys must be at least 11 on 6 December 2015 and not more than 12 years old on 31st August 2015
Under 15 Girls and Boys must be 13 or 14 years old on 31st August 2015
Under 17 Men & Women must be 15 or 16 years old on 31st August 2015
U20 Men & Women must be 17, 18 or 19 years old on 31st August 2015 BUT since the National event is held under IAAF rules anyone who is age 20 or over on 31st December 2015 would be a SENIOR for this event. Therefore anyone who will be 20 between 1st Sept 2015 and 31st Dec 2015 can only be selected for the SENIOR team for the National event
Senior Men and Women must be at least 20 years old on 31st August 2015 Masters – Men and Women must be at least 35 years old on 6 December 2015
Janet Phillips Hon Sec DCAA