As you are probably aware track and field competition has not been allowed in the UK this season due to the Coronovirus situation.
The good thing is that England Athletics and UKA are allowing competitions to return from August 1st in a restricted way.
There are very clear guidelines on what is allowed and these are available on the England Athletics website via this link
We have therefore decided to put on a limited Devon Open event on 16th August at Tavistock (and another one on September 13th at Braunton)
There are a number of things clubs and their athletes should be aware of
· Only pre entries via the online system will be accepted with a max 3 events for all athletes.
· Only a limited programme is available. See attachment.
· All track races run in lanes with 3 athletes only per race.
· Throws will be limited to 15 entries max (across all age groups) and athletes will have only 3 throws consecutively to maintain social distances.
· High jump limited to 15 athletes. Competitions will be split by starting heights.
· We would ask that only throwers and high jumpers who have a Power of 10 profile for that event enter. These will be limited to 15 max on a first come, first served basis.
· Only one guest is allowed with an entered athlete. U18’s must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. The guests full details must be registered on the system.
· We cannot run this meeting without helpers who can officiate. These helpers must be registered on the system or their full details supplied to Keith Reed on firstname.lastname@example.org prior to meeting. We need to have full contact details including an email and a telephone number.
· Only people on the approved list (i.e. athletes, registered guests and officials) will be allowed into the track area which is a Covid secure site.
· There will be a one way system in operation on site.
· No refreshments will be available at the venue. Toilets will be portable and supplies of hand sanitiser will be on site.
· We would advise you to bring your own hand sanitiser, wet wipes and face masks.
· No club tents, athletes and guests should not mix freely at the venue but remain in one area whenever possible.
· Once you have finished your events you should return home.
There will be no entries on the day, the closing date for entries is Thursday 13th August. Entries will open on Tuesday 28th July via this link
Entries for the Braunton event will be open on Tuesday 18th August
You will be advised of a probable event time at registration.
Finally you should be aware of the full terms and conditions of entry. Everyone who attends must be free on any symptoms of Coronovirus (however slight) and you must be aware that your details may be shared with NHS Track and Trace if requested.
We hope that everyone within your club can enjoy a safe, successful competition.
Devon County AA and the host clubs are putting on the event in a very uncertain period of time. The number of entries we will receive is unknown and although we reserve the right to cancel the event if entry numbers are very low, there has been considerable extra expense incurred already. If clubs feel they could support the county with a financial donation then contact me and I will pass your details to the treasurer.