Exeter Harriers, in conjunction with DS Active, provide Athletics sessions for those with Down’s Syndrome.
The sessions run:
- Weekly on a Thursday from 6.30pm for 1 hour
- This is a mixed age group activity, minimum age is 8
- No particular athletic ability is required to join the sessions
- The sessions include Running, Jumping and Throwing
- Run by a qualified coach and assistant coach and a number of junior coaching assistants and coach leaders helping as required.
Mark Palmer, one of our assistant coaches, competes regularly at IAADS (International Athletics for Athletes with Down’s Syndrome) in Europe and Worldwide. The coaches, who run the sessions, have participated in a specialist DS Active coaching course in addition to their UKA coaching qualification.
If you are interested in participating please email email@example.com before your first session. The cost of each session is £2.50 in cash. If you enjoy the sessions, after a month you may wish to join the club, see details of membership on our home page.
Competition experience specifically for this group is available at our September Combined Events and April Great West Open, however athletes can compete at our regular open meetings in the summer as well.