If you are interested in coming along to a Junior Training Session please email email@example.com
The Junior Section meets for an hour from 6.30pm every Tuesday and Thursday at Exeter Arena.
The Junior Group is coached by school years with min age 8 on the day up to a maximum of school year 9 athletes. The coaching works on a rotation basis with athletes coached by year groups with years 3 and 4 and 8 & 9 being coached together whilst years 5, 6 & 7 by individual year groups. Athletes participate in one activity per session, although all activities do include some running during the session. Over the course of the rotation cycle all athletes will receive coaching in
- Hurdles (Thursday’s only at present)
- Pole Vault – athletes, with an interest in pole vault, who are in the U15 age group can also participate in this when the visiting coach is at the Club.
The group sizes do vary over the season, and large groups may be split into 2 separate groupings, where necessary. Availability of specialist technical coaches for some of the event groups may mean that the rotation is not always perfect.
- Great West Open (April)
- Exeter Opens (last Tuesday of the month March – September)
- Devon Opens (April – August)
- Sportshall (winter months)
- Westward League Cross Country (winter months)
- U13 athletes + can also compete in Devon County Track and Field Champs (May) and Cross Country (December) along with the SW League.